Celebrate Craft Beer week 2015: Tour the microbrewing scene in columbus ohio
Microbrewing has been hot trend in the foodie scene for some time now. It has definitely taken hold in Columbus. To celebrate Craft Brew Week 2015, here's a quick view of some of the best:
1. The Tap Room at Wolf's Ridge Brewery is just the place to go for a pint with friends or a drink and snack before or after an event. They not only offer their delicious brews, but mixed drinks as well. Snack on pickled veggies, pork rinds and homemade potato chips.
2. Land-Grant Brewery and Tap Room was begun by some local guys who wanted to make something they could be proud of at home. Well, they've done that by using several types of brewing systems to produce seasonal quality brews. They're located in a supercool old building they've rehabilitated. It's lofty, cool and inviting; a great place to visit with a gang of friends to drink some great beer.
3. Elevator Brewery is a father-son brewing team who craft award-winning beer. Their Tap Room features live music and beer keg stools. What's more is that on the 3rd Saturday of every month, you can take a tour of the brewery. It starts at 4pm and you can finish with a nice cold tall one. Better yet, get your own group of 12 together and you can arrange a private tour. What a great way to appreciate dad on Father's Day by taking him on an awesome brewery tour and then enjoying a fresh, local brew with him!
4. Seventh Son Brewing Co. is seriously serious about elevating beer brewing to the next level. They want to stand out and, frankly, they do. What's different about them as well is that their brews are offered all over Columbus, not just at their own brewhouse. They are only open Thursday through Sunday for evening hours.
5. Zauber Brewing, or Zbeers, is the place to go to get your German on.
They feature local and regional beers a long side German, Austrian and Belgian beers. Like other breweries in the area, they host food truck nights.
Get some friends together and book a ride so you can take your own brewery tour!